Sesame Ginger Acorn Squash-Stuffed
- 1 in small Acorn squash cook in microwave
- 1/2 lb. Skinless chicken breast*
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Red bell pepper finely diced
- ½ cup Diced tomatoes fresh or canned
- ½ - ¾ cup Cornet Bay Sesame Ginger Sauce
- Squash: Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes. Place cut side down in a baking dish with a little water. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave 10 minutes.
- Stuffing: Heat oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until meat is no longer pink. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes; cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes. Add Cornet Bay Sesame Ginger Sauce and bring to a slow boil. Return chicken to pan and reduce heat and simmer until heated through.
- Place squash in individual bowls and fill with chicken mixture. Top with yogurt if desired. (You may want to use a spoon to make sure you can eat the squash without tearing.)
*Also works well with beef or pork. (Leftover poultry or meat can be used; add after the sauce has been added and heat through).