Cranberry Jalapeno Relish & Salad with Flair
Servings: 4 people
- 1 6 oz. box cherry jello
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 recipe of Cranberry/Jalapeno Relish See Below
Recipe of Cranberry/Jalapeno Relish
- 1/4 cup Cornet Bay Sweet & Sassy Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- Mince 1/4 cup Cornet Bay Sweet & Sassy Sliced Jalapeno Peppers and stir in whole cranberry sauce. Make up a day ahead to let the jalapeno peppers permeate thru the relish.
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid to use in the jello. Make jello using 2 cups of boiling water to dissolve, use the pineapple juice and additional cold water to make 2 scant cups of liquid and add to jello. Put in refrigerator and let jell partly (about 2 hours).
- Mix the remaining ingredients together-whole cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple, chopped pecans, and Cranberry/Jalapeno Relish. Fold into the partially jelled mixture and return to the refrigerator and chill until firmly set.
- (It is more attractive when it is made in a clear glass bowl).