Cherry Balsamic Roasted Onions
Servings: 4 people
- 2 large large red onions
- ½ – ¾ cup Cornet Bay Cherry Balsamic Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts lightly roasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut the onions in half from root to tip (remove outer skin). In a bowl, coat onions with the Cherry Balsamic Sauce. Lay cut-side down in a lightly oiled baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and remove pan from the oven; turn onions cut-side up. Pour more Cherry Balsamic Sauce over onions and return to the oven. Cook for another 25-30 minutes until onions are glazed and caramelized.
- Remove to serving platter and drizzle with Cherry Balsamic Sauce and top with lightly toasted pine nuts. (Do not reuse the sauce from the baking pan as it “may” have a slightly burnt taste). Serve warm as a side dish with your favorite steak, pork chop, or grilled chicken. The onions can also be served cold on a leaf lettuce salad.